Terms and Conditions
Ahead of your first class/session you must read and agree to these Terms and Conditions for health and safety and insurance purposes.
Informed Consent and Release and Waiver (ICRW)
This ICRW should be read carefully and in conjunction with the PAR-Q. You must not participate in physical activity in connection with Chris Etchells (Made for Moving) unless you have read and actioned (as necessary) both your PAR-Q and ICRW.
Description of Physical Activity to be Undertaken:
You understand that you will be taking part in physical activity that may challenge your cardio respiratory system (heart and lungs), musculoskeletal system (muscle endurance, strength and flexibility) and nervous system.
Physical activity may include but shall not be limited to aerobic and/or anaerobic activities, calisthenic exercises, weight-bearing movements or resistance training exercises with equipment, flexibility exercises and stability exercises.
You agree that if you require further information relating to the nature or intensity of the physical activity you will be undertaking and the possible effect on your body, you will seek further advice and by signing this ICRW you confirm that you are satisfied with your understanding of the nature and intensity of the physical activity you will be undertaking.
You understand that the physical activity you are taking part in carries an inherent risk of serious injury, disability, paralysis and possible death and you are electing voluntarily to participate in the physical activity knowing it may be hazardous to you and your property. You voluntarily assume full responsibility for any risks or loss, property damage or personal injury (including death) that may be sustained by you, or loss or damage to property owned by you, as a result of participation in the physical activity.
You understand that the reaction of the body to physical activity cannot always be predicted with accuracy. You know there is a risk of musculoskeletal strains, pain and injury, and that certain abnormal changes may occur during or following physical activity which may adversely affect blood pressure or cause strokes, heart attacks or even death.
You accept it is your responsibility to make the appropriate people aware of your medical condition. You understand it is your responsibility to recognise when you are experiencing undue discomfort or fatigue and to omit or discontinue the physical activity as necessary.
Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims and Indemnity:
You understand that Chris Etchells (Made for Moving) shall not be liable for any damages to your property or to you as a result of any personal injury arising from your participation in the physical activity which is undertaken entirely at your own risk.
In consideration of Chris Etchells (Made for Moving) allowing you to participate in the physical activity (which you accept as good and sufficient consideration), you agree:
1) To waive any and all claims that you have or may in the future have against Chris Etchells (Made for Moving) and employees, representatives, assigns and agents (together referred to as the “Representatives”) arising out of your participation in the physical activity for your death, disability, personal injury, property damage or property theft
2) To fully and forever release and discharge the Chris Etchells (Made for Moving) and the Representatives from any and all liability for any loss, damage, right of action, expense or injury including death that you may suffer as a result of your participation in the physical activity
3) To hold harmless and indemnify Chris Etchells (Made for Moving) and Representatives from any and all liability for any property damage or personal injury to any third party, resulting from your acts or omissions whether or not you were participating in physical activity at the time the cause of action arose
4) That this ICRW shall not apply in the event of gross negligence on the part of Chris Etchells (Made for Moving) or Representatives leading to you personal injury or death but otherwise it shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the fullest extent permitted by law
5) Consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident or illness during the physical activity
6) You understand that any oral or written representation made by Chris Etchells (Made for Moving) and Representatives regarding the safety of the physical activity is overridden by this ICRW
This ICRW is governed by the laws of and the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. You confirm that you have read and fully understand the terms and effect of this ICRW which is that you are waiving certain legal rights which you may otherwise have against Chris Etchells (Made for Moving) and the Representatives.
Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q)
Prior to participating in physical activity in connection with Chris Etchells (Made for Moving) you are required to read this PAR-Q together with the Informed Consent and Release and Waiver Form (‘ICRW’).
For most people, physical activity should not pose any problem or hazard, however, potential risks, whilst not apparent at rest, may be exacerbated by an increase in levels of physical activity. The PAR-Q is designed to identify the small number of adults for whom physical activity might be inappropriate or those who should seek medical advice concerning the type of physical activity most suitable for them.
The ICRW should be read in conjunction with this PAR-Q. You must not participate in physical activity in connection with Chris Etchells (Made for Moving) unless you have read and actioned (as necessary) both your PAR-Q and ICRW.
Please read the questions below carefully. You are wholly responsible for your answers and if you are in any doubt you must seek medical advice.
1) Has your doctor ever said that you have a bone or joint problem, such as arthritis, or any medical condition, surgical operation or injury that has been aggravated by physical activity or might be made worse with exercise?
2) Do you have high blood pressure?
3) Do you have low blood pressure?
4) Do you have Diabetes Mellitus or any other metabolic disease?
5) Has your doctor ever said you have raised cholesterol (serum level above 6.2mmol/L)?
6) Has your doctor ever said that you have a heart condition and that you should only do physical activity recommended by a doctor?
7) Have you ever felt pain in your chest when you do physical activity or at rest?
8) Is your doctor currently prescribing you drugs or medication? If you answer 'Yes', please contact Chris to provide further information.
9) Have you ever suffered from unusual shortness of breath at rest or with mild exertion?
10) Is there any history of coronary heart disease in your family?
11) Do you often feel faint, have spells of severe dizziness or have you ever lost consciousness?
12) Do you currently drink more than the average amount of alcohol per week (21 units for men and 14 units for women)?
13) Do you suffer from regular headaches, dizziness, fainting or fits?
14) Are you, or is there any possibility that you might be pregnant?
15) Do you know of any other reason why you should not participate in a programme of physical activity?
16) Is there any further information you feel Chris Etchells (Made for Moving) should be aware of? If you answer 'Yes', please contact Chris to provide further information.
If you answered ‘Yes’ to one or more questions you must consult your doctor before undertaking any physical activity in connection with Chris Etchells (Made for Moving). You will need to discuss the nature of the physical activity you are about to undertake and tell your doctor which of the above questions you answered ‘yes’ to. Your doctor needs to advise you as to your suitability for unrestricted physical activity. If you answered ‘No’ to all questions you acknowledge that you are taking responsibility for the accuracy of your replies and the decision that you are physically fit enough for unrestricted physical activity.
By participating in physical activity in connection with Chris Etchells (Made for Moving) you undertake that you have read and understood the questions set out above and that it is safe for you to participate in physical activities. You wish to participate in physical activities that may include but shall not be limited to aerobic, anaerobic, flexibility, stability, resistance, muscular strength and endurance exercise. You realise that your participation in these physical activities involves the risk of injury and even the possibility of death. You confirm you are voluntarily engaging in a level of physical activity that you consider acceptable and appropriate to you level of fitness and overall health. If you have answered ‘yes’ to any of the questions above, by agreeing to these Terms and Conditions you are also confirming that you have taken medical advice relating to your participation and your doctor has confirmed you are fit enough to participate.